The Best Ultrasound Near You – Tesla Scans
The medical test uses high-frequency sound waves to capture live images of organs inside the body. Another term used to refer to ultrasound is sonography. The technology used in ultrasound is similar to that used in radar by the military to detect the presence and position of planes, ships, etc. Ultrasound is an invasive procedure and has no ionizing radiation involved in the process. This reason makes it the perfect method to examine fetus development in pregnancy.
Why is an ultrasound scan done?
Checking on the developmental progress of a baby inside the womb is not the only use of an ultrasound scan. The following are some health conditions that can be diagnosed through the best ultrasound scan near me.
- To identify gallbladder diseases.
- Examine blood flow.
- Manage a needle for tumor treatment.
- Examine the growth in the breast.
- To examine the thyroid gland.
- Detect prostate issues.
- To analyze joint inflammation.
- To detect bone diseases.
- To examine the uterus, ovaries in females, and testicles in males.
How does the best ultrasound near me work?
A sonographer is the one who performs the scanning, and a specialist like a cardiologist or a radiologist interprets the results. The transducer is the device that facilitates the procedure. The handheld device is moved over the patient’s skin to produce images of internal organs of that part. A jelly is applied over the skin to facilitate the friction-free movement of the transducer over the surface.
The sound waves between 2 and 18 megahertz (MHz) pass through the soft tissues and echo back when it comes in contact with denser surfaces. Higher frequencies above 18 Mhz provide high-quality images, but have lower penetration power and get absorbed readily by the tissues. Lower frequencies below 2 Mhz penetrate well, but produce poor quality images.
Once the sound waves hit a dense object, it bounces back to give an echo. The denser the object, the stronger the echo produced. Different shades of grey show objects with varying density. The whole procedure of scanning may take up to 30 minutes.
Ultrasound transducers usually are operated over the patient’s skin. But in some cases, they are placed internally. This can give more detailed information about the internal organs. Endovaginal transducer, endorectal transducer, transesophageal transducer are some of the different types of internally used transducers.
Limitations of the best ultrasound scan near me
Ultrasound scan is less effective in examining parts containing bones, and that includes gas. Sound waves cannot pass through these parts. For instance, brain and lungs, testing of these parts will be better performed by an MRI scan or an x-ray. Another limitation is the limited penetration of sound waves in obese patients. Also, the accuracy of the report is much dependent on the operational skills of the person who performs the test.
How to prepare for the process in the best ultrasound near me?
Preparations vary according to the area of examination.
- For an ultrasound scan in the liver, pancreas, or gall bladder region, the doctor may ask you to fast for a specific time before the procedure. It is because undigested food may block the sound waves.
- For pelvic ultrasound, you need to drink lots of water to keep the bladder full. Do not urinate before the procedure is completed.
- You are advised to remove all jewelry and some or all clothes and change into a gown before appearing for the procedure.
Benefits of the best ultrasound near me
- The scan is painless, requires no cuts and needle shots.
- No harmful ionizing radiations are used, and so is recommended safe for children and cancer patients.
- Soft tissues are detailed in the captured images, unlike X Ray.
- It is less expensive, and the service is easily accessible.
- The machine is easily portable.
3D and 4D ultrasound scan
3D ultrasound is a medical ultrasound technique used in Obstetric ultrasonography [pregnancy] to get three-dimensional images of the fetus. 3D scans allow doctors to foresee subtle changes associated with specific problems that can arise during pregnancy.
4D ultrasound [fetal ultrasound] is similar to the 3D scan, but with a slight difference. It allows a three-dimensional picture in real-time. 3D ultrasound provides a three-dimensional image of the baby, whereas 4D ultrasound creates a live video-like effect where you can see the baby smiling and yawning.
The reasons why an ultrasound is necessary for a pregnant woman:
- To determine the estimated due date.
- To examine the baby’s heartbeat.
- To confirm the pregnancy is not ectopic.
- To check and measure the main organs of the baby.
- To check amniotic fluid levels.
Once the scanning is over, you will get the reports, photos, and videos. The doctor will discuss the findings after studying the report. With accurate 3D/4D images, Tesla scans offers the best in class service among the ultrasound centers in Chalakudy.